Tuesday, April 17, 2012

UnDrugged

I went for my antibiotic and left wanting an anti-depressant.  Mom & Pop are deserting me again.  As the pharmacy manager handed me my prescription, he told me the store was closing in a couple of days, as part of a multiple store sale to . . . you guessed it, CVS.   Prescriptions were being transferred to the big chain's local branch furthest from my home.

My heart sank.  I didn't know what to say except that I am sorry.  I will miss you.  I valued going to a small local pharmacy, even though the behemoth has two more-convenient locations.  I chose a store, even though it closed in the evenings and on Sundays, because the staff cared, knew my face if not my name and delivered.

Now, I have no choice.  This is the second Mom&Pop to leave.  None are left around here.  I feel like an orphan.

1 comment:

  1. Ditto. They were like that show Cheers where "they always knew your name". Myself, I might go Trotta's because they do have the delivery service and they are family owned. I think you can xfer 1 precription over, but the rest must stay with CVS until either the prescription runs out or you get a new one.

    ReplyDelete