Thursday, January 22, 2015

25 Years Later, The Husband I've Always Wanted





After 25 years of marriage, I finally have the handy husband I always wanted . . . Me.  Without any training or aptitude, I have become family tech support, light bulb changer, leak diagnostician, appliance trouble shooter and all around handy-person.  I'm the go-to gal when the internet, cable, computers, television and mobile devices frustrate rather than function.  I shovel snow, chop ice and defrost cars . . . while living in a house of men.  I alone hold the magic to changing the temperature in the house . . . hubby still doesn't know which thermostats control heat and A/C and the kids don't even bother to try.   I may be the second shortest in the family, but I'm the one climbing on cabinets and standing on chairs to reach stuff and change all but the highest bulbs.  I also must have the best eyesight despite the strongest prescription glasses - no one else notices that lights are out or items broken.    



No comments:

Post a Comment