Saturday, December 4, 2010

LegoFester

I took my youngest to LegoKidsFest in Hartford CT today, during which we attended a "Lego Club" meeting.  Looking around the room of 20 kids and their accompanying adults, many or most of the grownups were clearly the grandparents.  I say "clearly" because I heard them called "nana" or "grandpa" and the like.

Two women seated near me while the children built droid ships, chatted amiably about their troubling children and progeny.  They were grandmothers, though probably not that much older than I.  One commented "look at the number of grandparents who brought children to this event . . ." And then as an afterthought said "parents too."

I wondered and hoped they knew I was the latter.  And that no one was shocked when I was addressed as "mom."

PS Just learned source of "lego" name.  It's a contraction of two Danish words - "leg godt" which means play well.  Also learned you really can have a career as a lego master builder or developer.

No comments:

Post a Comment