Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Ice (R)Age and Rant

This ice storm has put me over the edge.  As if the mounds of snow and ice already covering my little plot were not enough, now I must contend with an additional frozen crust atop water and slush.  The cars are iced over.  The ice/snow/slush is heavy and hard to move aka shovel.   And yes, I, the lone woman in a household of men/boys, was left to do the heavy lifting.  In the frozen rain.  Again.

For the past year, I've been pushing for a move to LAla land, even though I don't exactly fit the demographic.  But, I need a warmer clime and different lifestyle.   I long to be the crazy old lady running errands year-round on a pink bicycle.

With this storm, though, a return to apartment dwelling is increasingly attractive.  Winter house maintenance is the pits:  shoveling, salting, chopping, chipping, ice damming, ice floing, icicling, dripping, slipping . . . and so on.  My home is my first experience in house-life and although I've been here 17 years, I fear I'll never adjust.  It gets harder not easier.  I don't want to do it anymore.  (look at the picture I found; how perfect).






No comments:

Post a Comment