Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Lost in Larchmont

I played the mega millions lottery yesterday.  I didn't win . . . anything.  I pored over the tickets this morning hoping for a match in the money.  Alas, no.  The best I had was two digits, but no bonus.  So, nada.

Losing was no surprise.  Playing, however, was.  I've bought lottery tickets fewer than five times in my life.  With yesterday's pot approaching $400 million I wasn't even tempted . . . until . . . something else went my way.  Something very silly.

I called the kids' orthodontist to schedule a (hard-to-come-by) Saturday appointment and, lo and behold, the available date and time perfectly dovetailed with dentist appointments just down the road.  Luck was mine.  Just for the asking.

It didn't translate to the lottery.  So much for a lucky day.

No comments:

Post a Comment