Monday, February 14, 2011

She Does Yoga and Pilates . . .


With all due respect to Madonna and her "hotties"(in case you've forgotten the American Life rap song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIxk2Oz2TbI) . . .  I too have become high maintenance, against my will. I've always been pretty low key about the "girl stuff".  Although I do both yoga and pilates along with other exercise, there's a long list of the things I don't do regularly:  manicures, facials, waxing, massage, laser, rejuvenation, and so on.  

But somehow I've been tripped up . . . by my hair.  Three hours, yes three, every five weeks or so.  The dates are scheduled months in advance and practically written in stone.  Two color processes, cut and blow-dry later, I look natural.  With the color I was meant to have, or did have when I was younger and still went in the sun. 

It's not about the gray, either.  Well, maybe a little.  But the coloring started long before I had any silvery strands.  According to my hair "consultant," I still don't have much, maybe 10%;  it just happens to be where I can see it.  Without a magnifying glass.

Apparently I'm not alone.  When faced with newly scheduled meetings that conflict with my appointments, women always understand.  And quickly find another date that doesn't interfere  with anyone's hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment