Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Call Me Crazy

I did it again.  Almost exactly one year ago, I wrote about the silliness of starting and committing to a blog in the midst of holiday season.  Insanity, I said, would be doing it again next year.   http://mauramusing.blogspot.com/2011/01/insanity-is.html

Oops.

But it made me wonder whether something about the winter solstice (or doldrums, for me) precipitates writing.  It's not the approaching New Year as I intend to neither reflect nor resolve.  My life still pivots with the school calendar, so January is a continuation not a true beginning.  My musing knows no season.  My devices facilitate mobile posting - from beaches or tennis courts.

Which leaves . . . coincidence?  Six months from my last post took me to late December.  Six months from that June piece hubby finally noticed the new dining room chandelier that inspired the post.  Six months . . . put me in the holiday season.  Insane, I know.

What crazy things do you take on?

No comments:

Post a Comment